Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tena koe

I know it's ingrained to love your own children's artwork but lately I've been so impressed, wildly impressed, by the cool pictures my kids are doing. This is one that Harry did at school and brought home the other day. I love this chap's expression and I thought it was ripper and beaut and New Zealandy that he's saying "Tena koe", which is "Hello" in the beautiful Maori language.
Since this picture was so friendly and cordial I got it made into some all-purpose cards at the local printers. This is a craft project that is very easy because I didn't have to do it myself. I like those. I like making stuff too, but I'm busy, you know how it is.
 
Awesome hey? I bet you know a small person who makes cool pictures too.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. I've just spent the best part of an hour noisily appreciating Sweeney's artistic-ness. In fact, I'm a sucker for letting him stay up laaaate, if he's doing something arty. Tena koe is such a lovely thing to say, don't you think??

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Jen,

    hey I love that artwork. Go Harry!!!

    in terms of style it reminds me a lot of your robots so you can take a big chunk of credit for his great artistic talent. Gabe rolled for the first time last week. Rolled over and then rolleb back again. A double roll. Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tena Koe, Harry, ka pie.

    Benjy would love one of these for his birthday please. He loves anything made by Harry and Sylvie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Both Harry's version and the idea of making kids art into cards - definately gonna do it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I <3 his picture so much. I have three sons and tend to get lots of pictures with guns and bombs and blowing up things. sigh. Great idea to get them made into cards. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea to get them made into cards!! I will have to store that idea away. Love his drawing, clever boy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you seen this: http://www.childsown.com/ suc great renditions of the kids' drawing! I reckon Harry's chap would be a good toy too!

    ReplyDelete