Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Xmas Deco Tour, 2010

This year I took part in this swap, where you make a Christmas ornament for only one other person. I was paired up with Chantal, an artist who writes this lovely blog with some fannnntastic tutorials, like this one for a russian doll print, and this one for a woodland deer card. Chantal made me this wee Christmas elephant, who we have named Joy, because that's what's embroidered on the other side of her coat. Joy the Peace Elephant is a much appreciated addition to our tree. Welcome Joy.
Chantal makes beautiful prints and stationery, so I was thrilled to receive one of her amazing cards.
I made her a small set of Christmas tree robots, because that's the sort of thing I do when I'm engaged in a craft swap. I made some for myself while I was at it, because if you don't crack yourself up with your craft then what's the point?
You thought I'd forgotten about robots, didn't ya! Well ha! I never forget about robots.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Thanks again! We love our robots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christmas robots with candy cane legs. You must have the tree up then. We're off to find ours tommorrow. Isn't Joy lovely, I'd be hanging the card up as a decoration too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, nice deal on the swap - all the ornaments look super cute! We could do with some peace and joy round here - I walked past the accident on Dominion rd yesterday, what a mess. Very sobering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are lovely from you friend! Love them. And what cozy dr. who-ish robot decos! Also love your homemade soap below!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh love that card. Will have to have a look at chantal's blog. Your robots are as cute as ever

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd never thought of robots as Christmas-y but I am having a rapid rethink after seeing yours. Same with elephants. It sounds like a fun swap

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely ornaments, both the ones you made and the one you received. I keep meaning to make ornaments but always leave it too late. I'll have to pull my finger out and join a swap next year I think!

    ReplyDelete