Friday, December 24, 2010

Old School

Christmas Eve: The children are chatting in bed, speculating about what their presents might be. My husband has taken the in-laws out for dinner, and so I have the house to myself, more or less. Whatever I haven't done, it's too late to do now. What a nice feeling.
The last piece of craft for this year is what you might call Old School. I've always had a soft spot for nativities, and I've been trying to make one for 3 years, but all of them have gone bad in one way or another. When I saw this embroidery pattern on a wet Sunday, with an embroidery enabler equipped with the pattern book, fabric, thread, and a hoop there right beside me, I just had to make it. It's my first ever cross stitch, and I have to say, it was a lot of fun.
Also old school, these dinky wooden decorations from the junk shop. I want to find whoever threw them out and give them a big kiss. They are just my cup of tea.
And for my last piece of Old School: Merry Christmas to You, and a Happy New Year. It may be a cheesy cliche but I mean it.

Thanks for reading, thanks for commenting, thanks for having a laugh with me. See you next year.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Oh, oh, oh! I found wooden old school ornaments at the library toss out sale too! I love them. Your cross stitch is beautiful and full of love. Makes me want to go try it too! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and all yours too. I hope it has been a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that cross-stitch jenny! happy christmas to you all. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the little wooden critters, and your stitchery is so pretty, too. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you able to share the pattern? I love it and I'd be keen to have a go at my first cross stitch.
    cheers, Katherine (friend of the lovely Maryanna).

    ReplyDelete