Monday, October 18, 2010

Spoiled.

Recently I've recieved some truly lovely and variously hilarious gifts from out of the blue. How lucky am I? Tell you what, I'm so lucky that if I fell in a sewer I'd be wearing a brown suit.
This robot fabric came all the way from Maine, USA. It was a thoughtful and unexpected gift from one of my favourite crafters, Iris. Thanks Iris! I will try to do it justice. By the way, did I ever mention that we were going to make Sylvie's middle name Iris, but when it came to filling in the birth certificate we forgot? True story.
 
This little robot soap-on-a-rope was a gift from my sister, Marg. I love these wee treasures. It's too good to use of course.
 
This rather amusingly anatomical lemon was a gift from a friend who knows how much I enjoy things with a rude twist. We have shown this lemon to many friends and visitors as a sort of personality test. I am pleased to say that all passed with flying colours by roaring with laughter. I hope you see the funny side. There's the funny side, right there, looking out at you.
Have a great week everyone!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. I laughed right away!! It's almost a whole year ago you shared with us your love of rude things....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lemon is too funny! Do you keep a photo catalogue of funny fruit & vegies? I've seen the male counterpart to that lemon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I think you showing friends and visitors the lemon as a personality test sounds like the basis of a David Sedaris story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pah ha ha!

    Love the sewer - brown suit reference, thanks to my Uncle Ralph in Adelaide for that!

    I don't get the joke with the lemon tho......nah just tricking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicola how many years ago was it that you told me the sewer/brown suit thing? I've been waiting all. this. time. to slip it into conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have no idea why that lemon is unusual. gosh you're strange.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will have to show Sylvan that robot soap-on-a-rope. We have recently been discussing S.O.A.R. here, as a concept. The children have never met one in person. So this will prove that we are not making it up! And doesn't it coordinate nicely with the fabric!

    I do love the naughty lemon.
    XO
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rude fruit is one of my favorite things, too! I am inspired to start a photographic journal of the hilarious things that grow out of the tomatoes in my garden. LOL!

    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well. done. you! I can't believe you remembered it after all this time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's a feijoa to go with your lemon :) http://www.illegalargument.com

    ReplyDelete