Thursday, September 2, 2010

The post in which I start to dress like a robot.

A while ago now, oh, 2 or 3 years ago I guess, I bought some lovely woollen fabric from the junk shop. It was 150 cm wide, 100% wool, soft and beautiful and only $6 for 5 metres or so. I thought it might be good for a big patchwork blanket or at least a nice woolly hot-nerd type of skirt. While I was thinking about what to do with it I tried some out on a robot. It made up reeeeeal nice. Beep!
Anyway, never say I don't get things done. I did make that skirt, I made it in a knee-length A-line with acetate lining and intentionally mismatched strait-to-bias yoke-to skirt design. Is that a robot on the wall next to it? Of course it is. That's just what we do at our house.
Anyway, this warm little skirty is a little late for winter because the first day of spring came and went yesterday. However, we still get nippy weather in the spring, and I'm sure I will get a few wears out of it before next year.
I wish it didn't take me so long to get around to things. Now that school is in sight for my youngest child I'm deluding myself that I will have loads of time to get stuff done. Does that really happen? Someone tell me it does.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. super cute skirt!
    have you ever made a robot costume???

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one cute skirt! i love that style. and the wool is beautiful. definitely hot-secretary-style.

    nice robot too. the idea of you in a robot costume makes me laugh a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great skirt Miss Smith and it looks lovely on you too, We all need a little "robot nerd" in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that skirt on you. It's great in every way - and with the matching robot too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the great thing about that skirt is that it is the right combination of pattern and fabric for you and to pull that off is an achievement for anybody.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful skirt, you can make it springy with a light blouse! Hope you all are well on this day, I need to google Auckland and see exactly where it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're safe, obviously. Hoping the South Island bloggers are well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great skirt. Robot is not the first thing that comes to mind when I look at it. The idea that there might be loads of time once everyone is at school is very cheering. I am so hoping that is going to be my life too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great skirt style and I love how you've mixed up the straight/bias grain for detail. It would go well with the boots from Duo ;-)

    I'm hoping too that when my last is at school I'll be able to claw back some time for myself. It's a long way off though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course you have more time once those beautiful children go to school.
    However, somehow you fill it with heaps more stuff and still manage to dream of having more time some day when...
    Collingwood definitely does not look like your dream picture at the moment. We have had 250 mm of rain in two weeks!!! soggy.

    ReplyDelete