Lichen on a rock, see? Anyway, here are some sewing details. I used bias binding to do the hem because the edges just kept on fraying so I thought it best to just cover them up. I handsewed the hem using herringbone stitch, which I had almost forgotten how to do. I tried and failed to do an invisible zip, so I did a crappy old style zip instead.
And now I'm going to show it all made up, with me lifting up my top just a little small modest amount so you can see the top. Yes I KNOW my eyes dissappear when I smile. I'm sorry. It's the best I can do. At least I'm not scowling like SOME people I know.
Now, the reason why I called this post "make it smirk" is partly because this post is a little like my sister's blog, all of this talk about sewing garments. The other reason is probably immediately obvious to anyone who went to Logan Park High in the 1980s.
Yep, I have accidentally made my school uniform. Oh dear, dear, dear. Please console me by sharing a sewing disaster of your own. Log in as anonymous if you have to.