Sunday, December 13, 2009

The double headed sea monster

I love my children's artwork. I have a box of Stuff-I-Must-Keep-Forever and it's packed to the gunnels with pictures and stories and paintings. Some are just little doodles that took only a few minutes, like this little picture of a double-headed seamonster. I couldn't take my eyes off this one, I just love it.

Imitation being the most sincere form of flattery, I immediately set out to recreate this fantastic drawing as a toy, complete with the frowning faces (no they're not frowning Mum, they're just naughty, but they like being naughty) and the expressive eyes.

Like all copies, mine is not as good as the original, but it is nonetheless taken to bed with Harry at night, to snuggle underneath the covers. You see why it takes me a year to make curtains? Because I have much more important sewing to do.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Oh that's fantastic! And as for the curtains, you totally have your priorities right...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sea monster Jenny - it looks fantastic - a very respectful interpretation!

    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. It could double as a neck pillow. Imagine whipping that out on your next plane flight. You would be taking orders. Jude says 'that is really awesome'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill said it would make a great man brooch (for Simon?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha!! that's briliant. just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now that's cute! And I love that you've given it your Miss Smith too - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is way too cool. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete