Saturday, December 12, 2009

Deck the halls with crocheted pavlovas

Oh, hi! How are you this fine Saturday? Look what I bought from the Ka Pai Kitsch'n on Nile St, Nelson...

A small and perfect crocheted pavlova, complete with crocheted cream and crocheted strawberries, all ready to hang on my christmas tree. It was difficult to decide because there were also very gorgeous little crocheted christmas puddings and icecreams, too.

Speaking of decorations, I finished my contribution to 20c mixture's christmas ornament swap (Flickr group here). Originally I was going to make one fabric star for each person, but just one looked a little like a lame duck. So I made two for each person, so that each lame duck would have a lame duck friend to hang out with.

I've gotten some pretty sweet christmas decorations from my swapmates, too. I'll have to do another post next week with the full round up. Today's plan, though, is to get ourselves a christmas tree and decorate it to within an inch of its life.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Hey I'm lovin' those stars - very cool miss smith, VERY COOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stars. Have you managed to get a hold of today's Dominion Post? I think there's a photo of one of your robots in there. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhhh, too cute little pavalova! Good enough to nibble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love the pavlovas and your star. I can't wait to see a photo of your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy shipwreck Miss Smith, Amy is right, one of your robots is world-famous in New Zealand! I just saw Twenty Cent Mixture's post about this weekend's Dominion Post article. Cooooool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I have a little knitted christmas pudding that sits on my tree - between it and the pav they're a perfect christmas pair. Love your stars too. ALso that seriously isn't sean plunket is it on that blog? Isn't it illegal to use someone elses identity?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, thank you so much for my lovely stars. I hope you have received my little decoration. I have really loved this swap and can't wait for next year :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stars - they will look fantastic on someone's tree.

    ReplyDelete