Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Coffee Break

We are going home tomorrow, after a week-long coffee break here in the Maniototo.
Did you ever read "The wind in the willows"? Ratty's picnic hamper had coldtonguecoldhamcoldbeefpickledgherkinssaladfrenchrollscresssandwichespottedmeetgingerbeerlemonadesodawater and he was worried he didn't have enough. That's kind of like what life on the farm here is like. In the morning I get up to hot-coffee-with-farm-milk-homemade-bread-with-homemade-jam-of-any-flavour-homemade-peanut-butter-muesli-bottled-nectarines, and then continues on in that way all day. Oh, and when I say coffee, I mean COFFEE from this amazing contraption.


In these beautiful cups...


I didn't bring any projects down here with me, no books either. This has contributed to my week-long coffee break mentality. I read a couple of books I never would have read otherwise, did some mending for my sister, watched the telly, went for walks around the farm, checked out all the new paintings by my very talented brother-in-law, and generally enjoyed being bone idle. Oh, and I helped my sister start her very own blog.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. You've been busy, in a non-busy relaxing holiday kind of way. Have coffee machine envy.. that thing looks amazing. And very cool cups. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds so restful and just wonderful, like anne of green gables. And it looks like my dream is coming true! All your siblings are starting blogs! Yay! I love your BIL's paintings, especially the one of the older couple. It has such presence. His work really reminds me of my old painting teacher's work. http://kathleendugan.net/index.html

    ReplyDelete