Saturday, July 18, 2009

Making cards- The 1961 Home Journal Series

Blogfriends, my card making has stepped into a new phase of fanciness, because I bought myself a CORNER TOOL. Yup. A CORNER TOOL. It makes nicely rounded corners.
For this set of cards, I bought a 1961 Home Journal magazine from the junk shop (50 cents). It has some great illustrations and photos. Some of them have been "corner tooled" then pasted onto a card as illustrated below.

Some I kept nice and square on the corners, because it would be a mistake to go crazy on the cornering, just because I have a CORNER TOOL.

May I recommend card making if you're a little overwhelmed by big projects? It's fun and creative and you can do with a friend as you drink coffee and chat while your children play unsupervised in other parts of the house.
Speaking of big projects, my socks are coming along nicely and a very pink quilt is half-pieced. I can't wait to show you them when they're done. Enjoy your weekend, toodle pip!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Oh boy oh boy a Lincoln toy! well no actually it's a corner tool, obviously, but I was just trying to find a way to convey my excitement for you. Making cards is definitely the way to go, given that I saw greeting cards in Whitcoulls last week for a measly $13!!! What the....? Who on earth would pay that for a card? Crazy.

    I could do with something like a corner tool to keep me entertained, now that we are all tucked up at home in self- quarantine with likely swine flu. The earthquake, swine flu, what a week we've had here. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky you! the corner rounder has to be the best scrapbooking tool. Definitely a plus for making those cool cards of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking good - don't think the razzing is ever going to let up on your new hobby though..

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a self-confessed stationery-addict, I totally hear you on the love of cool tools like corner whatsits.
    Very funky cards :-)

    J

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have ALWAYS loved vintage pictures and especially pictures on vintage patterns. I'd love to have a collection of them framed for my sewing room walls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the cards are so cute! The corner tool definitely makes them...total asset.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome! :)

    I have a couple of different corner tools from my very limited scrapbooking days - I quickly gave up because the sheer amount of work in it. I prefer to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had so much to say until you said "toodle pip" and now, I have nothing to compare with that.


    WV: fignic -only figs in our picnic basket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must agree with All this Trouble...The Toodle Pip really sent me over the edge. Will make a mental note to add that to my vocabulary. It sounds, from the context, that it could be either a term of endearment (Have a good weekend, my little toodle pip) or a salutation (like see you later). Either way, totally adorable.

    The cards are AMAZING. I am inspired to check out our Goodwill tomorrow for some funky old patterns to reappropriate, along with perhaps some new, cheap duds!

    XO
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete