Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Meme all about Me, Me, Me

The very lovely Megan Rose from Frou Frou Frippery tagged me for this meme- it's all about me, me, me!

What is your current obsession?
Blue cups and dinnerware, old biscuit tins, my children’s art.

What is your weirdest obsession?
If I’m going to be honest they’re all pretty odd.

What are you wearing today?
If you’re asking me that in a heavy breathing voice then I’m not going to tell you.

What's for dinner?
I wish it was baked potatoes, bacon, sour cream, sweet chilli sauce, and salad. I’ve been thinking about that for days and days. In fact it was beef casserole, couscous, and broccoli.

What would you eat for your last meal?
Crumbed schnitzel, tiramisu, a glass of REALLY expensive dry Riesling.

What's the last thing you bought?
This pattern.


What are you listening to right now?
Simon reading stories to the small people.

What do you think of the person who tagged you?
Megan Rose has such a sweet blog, and she lives in one of my favourite towns, Oamaru. I think she is very styley and I’d like to meet her in person one day.

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Nelson! It’s the third most charming village in the world you know.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
A small town in the South of France, where it’s warm. I’d order a glass of wine in charming café and take the whole hour to drink it. Oh dear that sounded very pretentious. But I still want to do it.

Which language do you want to learn?
French. Because when I speak it French people either stifle giggles or roar with laughter. Great that I’m so funny, but I wasn’t actually trying to be.

What's your favorite quote (for now)?
I have two actually…
“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.”
Billy Connelly

“If you’re happy and you know it, drive safely”
Sylvie, my daughter.

What is your favorite colour?
Red. It’s happy.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
My red and turquoise vintage dress. I’ve had it for years and I’ll never ever throw it out. Did you hear that dressy? You and me are best friends forever.

What is your dream job?
Editing manuscripts. Lucky me!

What's your favourite magazine?
Woman’s Day. Stop judging me. I love trash.

If you had £100 now, what would you spend it on?
That makes NZD 300 right? Some workshop jeans, a vintage jelly mould, a new vintage handbag because the clasp on my Molnar original is broken.

Describe your personal style?
I would aspirationally describe it as “Granny chic” but realistically describe it as “What was top in the drawer this morning”.

What are you going to do after this?
Go to craft night with my three crafty friends. Yippee! I love you all, Katie, Vic and Linda!

What are your favourite films?
I really enjoyed The Escapist, which I saw last week. Other than that, the Hitchcock movie “Rear Window” and the first “Star Wars” movie.

What's your favourite fruit?
Using ‘fruit’ in the strict botanical sense, I can tell you that my favourites are feijoas, avocados, and tomatoes.

What inspires you?
Perfect knitting and crochet. Neat sewing. Style that’s come from a person’s imagination, rather than from a shop. Retro furniture. Environmentally designed houses. Décor and clothing from The Thunderbirds, Get Smart, and Alfred Hitchcock movies. Plants.

Your favourite books?
It changes all the time. Recent favourites have been “The man of my dreams” by Curtis Sittenfeld, and “The Historian” by Elizabeth Kostova.

Do you collect anything?
Oh goodness yes. Please see the last year or so of blog entries for details.

Any advice that’s come from bitter experience?
Go and back up your digital photos right now.

What makes you follow a blog?
Lovely photos, do-able projects, witty or thought-provoking text, a likeable person behind the blog.

And, even though I find it very difficult to tag people, here are eight from my side links who might like to play along. If you don't want to, I'm not offended.
The house of Nana, All this trouble, Creative endeavors in a busy life, Norma Tika designs, Sweet P knits, Earnest Hemming, Seven stitches.

The rules:1. Respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, add one more question of your own.2. Tag eight other people.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Great post. I'm off to back up my digital photos now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cool meme, (blimmin long though!! eeek!) Will have to have a look for those books you mention x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I forgot how much I miss feijoas.

    Lovely blog x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katsu. Tiramisu. And strong, milk tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree, great post! And you know what Jenny, it was sooo you. I could just hear your voice as I was reading your answers - I think it was your confidence in knowing what you like and love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was all about you, you, you! And very amusing it was too. I thought to myself before I read it, now will I find something to surprise me, and lo! there it was - I had no idea your favorite colour was red. Warm cheery colours for winter are very very good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually order chicken katsu at Kinza's. I guess, I should say tonkatsu.

    But this picture says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yipee! I love learning little things about people I like, and you were so witty with your answers, as always. I want that baked potato thing you were talking about. And yes, the first star wars movie is the best one. I haven't watched Hitchhock in a while. I remember when I was a kid being afraid that my girl friend was going to turn into a doll, because of the one about the little girl who turns into a doll. She would spend the night and I would wake up and check every now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for tagging me! Sometimes it takes awhile for me to do it. But I will! With pleasure.

    XO
    Iris

    PS Am buying an external hard drive to back up photos with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello I just discovered you, and I'm in love of all your robots, they are so adorable and have their own personality :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first Star Wars movie - pure genius, innit?? I'd seen some sci fi movies before then, but it blew me right away ...

    ReplyDelete