Friday, May 8, 2009

Rethinking the brown aesthetic

Okay blogfriends, I know I said I was pretty happy with the pillowcases last post, but I've test-driven them and they just will not do. Too freakin' brown. Last thing at night they say "A very brown goodnight to you, Miss Smith" and in the morning "Good brown morning, would you like some brown toast with brown peanut butter for brown breakfast today? How do you like your coffee? Brown?". Yes, they scream brown 24/7.

Anyhoo, just to let you in on the twists and turns of the craft journey, I've been rethinking the whole aesthetic and I've come up with this: Calico, blue bias binding, and the last supper. Sigh. Much better.

Now that we've resolved the problem of the pillowcases, lets talk about the weekend. Tonight is my Great Night In, watching Project Runway whilst drinking several glasses of wine and organizing receipts and bank statements for my tax return. It's my very favourite night of the week. What's on your Friday night agenda?

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. Oh....haha....that's silly to me! Hee he he hee...it's Friday' there, isn't it? Oh goodness. Your hemisphere, it's so mysterious.

    The pillowcases are much, much better. And I doubt the Lord will hold it against you. In fact, you may have one more jewel for your crown when all is said and done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Friday night - I love it. Staying up late to watch Project Runway with my knitting, feet up on the foot stool and some green tea and yogurt covered raisins close by. Life doesn't get much better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fish & chips at KimberleyHarperJoe's, Boys in Bath with Boats, then home to Father Ted and Black Books on telly. Sweeney stays up later than usual and Ange eats mallow puffs after he's gone to bed. Riot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I'm particularly fond of periwinkle. Good colour choice, Miss Smith.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that brown gingham in cotton, double-gauze? If so, I have something that looks very similar, and it's ready for the cutting table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds very similar to the Friday night I am aspiring to Miss Smith. Ian arriving soon, fire lit, some delicious snacks... heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, project runway, what else is there to do on a Friday night?

    ReplyDelete
  8. add in takeaways and the trainwreck that is NZTM and you have our friday in front of the fire too. I love your last supper pillowcases

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the change you made.

    Yip Friday = trashy TV for me. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, happy brown morning to you, Miss Smith. I'm about to go brown myself a sausage. Brown is a good color but does need some accents, huh? Good thinking with the blue. My husband loves brown and wants a whole room all in brown and lined with his favorite books. So funny!

    ReplyDelete