Sunday, April 19, 2009

For the craft executive

Craft friends, I am so proud. I have had a spectacular knitting success and I'm full of the joys of craft. Remember this wool, which I bought because of its beautiful raspberry colour?

Well, I knitted this pattern up, because I needed a cover for my laptop. I'm just not a vinyl laptop case sort of a girl, and I'd been looking for something crafty but cool crafty for appropriate computer storage.

Ta da! Here's the front. I got the sweet little belt buckle at the junk shop for 20 cents...

...and here's the back

I knitted it up just as the pattern directed, although my tension is a little looser than in the pattern. But then again, my laptop is a little bigger than theirs, so I figured it would all come out even stevens in the end. The only thing I didn't figure on was that I used more wool than they said, so the foldover flap isn't quite as long as I'd like. I felted it at 60 deg C in the washing machine- very effective! And I stopped the cycle mid-way because it had felted enough.

Sigh. Craft makes me so happy.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I love it! I love it! Pa ha ha .. the craft home executive has craft home accessory extrordinaire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I've always been put off felting because I can't bear the thought of spending all that time making something big and then shrinking it smaller...though I really love the effect of it. Maybe if I was a faster knitter I'd be brave enough to try it.

    very cool :-)

    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool!! THis being the raspberry wool you were battling with to get out of the skein? It looks great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely job, Miss Smith and so resourceful. I've never felted before, but want to try it. I love the red, like a bright berry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool! I love the colour

    ReplyDelete