Saturday, April 4, 2009

The cure for craft "meh"

This morning I woke up thinking about my craft "meh", which I elaborated on last post. It's easy to get overwhelmed when your projects are large and time consuming, and then you forget that the fun part of being creative is actually the process, be it big or small. This morning I decided to rediscover the lurrrrve of creativity in small but meaningful ways. First on the list, a hot baked breakfast, since it's the weekend. I made scones in two flavours; date, and apple and sultana.
Quick recipe: 2 c self raising flour, 50 g butter, 1 t baking powder, 2 T sugar, 2/3 c milk mixed with 1 small egg. Mix dry ingredients, rub in butter, add wet ingredients, roll out, divide in two. Spread filling (stewed apple, cinnamon, sultanas, whatever) over one half, put other half on the top. Cut in squares and bake at 200 deg. Celcius for 15 min or until light brown.

Next, a card to celebrate our belated wedding anniversary. We decided not to do anniversary presents this year, but instead we each had to make a card and it wasn't to be too soppy. Hence, this borderline soppy card with a romantic couple on the front. I thought his nerdiness and her slightly snotty expression excused me from being too romantic. Around the edge are some tops of hebe stalks, which I cut out from my tramping photos.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I just got up and haven't had breakfast yet. You don't know how good those scones look to me right now! They look absolutely heavenly. That card is cracking me up. A+ on your anniversary card assignment, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those scones look great - love the sunshine-filled photo, too. Very cheery :-)

    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, especially the dorky guy. I bet Simon LOVED it.

    Happy belated anniversary. Glad you got your craft mojo back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those scones look delicious! Now, I got me wanting to bake blueberry scones for breakfast tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huuuum, scones are my favorite treat and these one look delicious...

    ReplyDelete