Friday, March 27, 2009

Golden Queen



My lovely neighbour Joy went to an orchard yesterday, and brought me back 8 kg of Golden Queen peaches. I love Golden Queens. They're the biz. I'm gonna get all hausfrau and bottle them.

When she handed the box of peaches over the fence, Joy said "Here you go love! These'll have you shitting through the eye of a needle!"

Then, when we were chatting about her reaction to something that happened in her family, she said "I was halfway between a shit and a shiver!"

Later, Simon was talking about something going very fast, and he said "It was like shit off a shiny shovel"

Sorry about all the bad language, but those three expressions made me laugh like you wouldn't believe, and I just had to share. And I figured that with all the bottling fruit/sewing cushion covers/quilting talk that's been going on lately, we could do with a little wickedness around here. I wouldn't want you to think I'm toooooooo wholesome.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

  1. Oh, noooo, Miss Smith! And all this time, I've been picturing you as that aproned woman in your avatar.

    Poop never put a smile on my face, but never say never!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I'll never look at the eye of a needle much in the same way now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Smith I've just done 2kg of blackboys - can we still call them that? It involved labour incommensurate with 3 half litre jars but shivers they look beautiful. I will be quizzing you on technique next craft night! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the end of a long day, children finally to bed, I really really needed that belly laugh.

    Thank you ever so much.

    XO
    Iris

    PS Absolutely gorgeously composed photo...I'll say it again, Absolutely. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really lovely photo Miss Smith. I am very fond of that bowl, in fact, did I buy it for you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geek sewing- not even a little glimmer of a smile? Not even a little one?

    Lindy- can't wait to see those blackboy peaches, I bet you did them all neaty and lovely and kitchen-display style.

    Iris- I just knew you would laugh at those sayings, and Christy I bet you do, too.

    Mary Nanna- Yes you did. I love it and the plate that goes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heeeeeeeeeehehehehehehehe

    Laughed so much. A kindly neighbour named Joy that breaks out stuff like that. AWESOME! I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, laughing, laughing laughing! No shit! I'm really laughing. (Do you say "no shit" there?) A belly laugh AND a gorgeous photo. Very fine post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've made me quite proud with this post. And I'm always looking for a natural laxative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha this really cracked me up! It's really strange what we say without really thinking about it. Geez I wish I had a neighbour like yours, what a doll! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, how good is your luck? If you fell in a sewer, you'd be wearing a brown suit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have shared the love of this post with several, including my dearest husband. Who laughed so hard he doubled over, and is now looking for ways to utilize all three expressions in daily conversation.

    XO
    Iris

    ReplyDelete