Wednesday, March 4, 2009

End of the line


This small robot in pink is the last little felt robot I feel like making. It's been fun, I've enjoyed the journey, but the small felt robot days are at an end. Ever since it clocked over to 2009 I've only wanted to make big goony robots in silly tartan, houndstooth, or checked fabric (troublemakers like Nigel and Les). I've just lost all inclination for little, cute, and felted.

Speaking of changing craft proclivities, does anyone else find themselves inexplicably drawn to knitting when summer becomes autumn? My fingers are getting all itchy to knit some kind of cosy.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. I like to knit year round... but mainly small items!

    So long wee robots - you shall be missed! I like this one a lot, she looks like I feel, a little maxed out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that funny but I do feel like knitting in autumn. I am possibly the world's crappest knitter though and once I have made a few pairs of my annual fingerless mittens, I call it a day and go back to sewing stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and what an adorable little robot to end on... can't wait to see how the next line of robots develops.. who knows, maybe you'll end up making life-sized ones?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't craft funny that way? You are really into something for a while and then it just is time to move on to something else. I think its a good thing to change up our craft, especially with a new season. We must stay fresh and inspired. I think ending with a pink one is just right, but I don't know why, just feels that way. Oooo, lifesized as MN said, that would be monumental! Can't wait to see some of your knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its me, Christy, I just felt like having a cute blog name for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brother designed robots too... ummm, though not as cute as yours. I need a robot to do the dishes.

    I've got my mind on crocheting a cute cardi. For me, spring is a time for crocheted cardigans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I just realized that model 4U is now from a classic line, sort of like out of print and has thereby increased in value!

    ReplyDelete