Saturday, March 21, 2009

Blog friends, part II

I've said it before, I know, but one of the best things about blogging is the connections with people. Before I had my own, I thought that blogs were quite static, in that you post whatever you're interested in and the odd person passing by might leave a comment or two. But actually, it's so much nicer than that. You find that you post about all sorts of other stuff, and you get a group of regular visitors who meet you at your blog and have a wee chat. It's all real.

On the subject of great blog friends, look what I found on my front step the other night!


A parcel all the way from the great U S of A. It was full of interesting tidbits- books of poems, fabric, cards- carefully selected for me and Mary Anna by Christy. Thanks Christy, what a wonderful surprise!

And below is my favourite poem so far. I love the thoughts encapsulated in "every hour of the thousand thousand coming to this". It makes me think about all the people, the twists of fate, choices, and paths that led to this moment. This moment is pretty good, I have to say.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think blogging would be like it is either. Its much more special. I remember that day I hit the next blog button, which I rarely ever do, and there was that cheery blue robot! I just couldn't stop coming back to visit after that day. Each time its like a lovely vacation to NZ with miss smith, some tea, and caramel slice. I think that poem describes it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robert Frost poems takes me back to my college years.

    Paintsmudge, what a great blog friend you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Paintsmudge you sure are a very generous blog friend. I'm very excited by the look of the fabric coming my way..thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete