Monday, February 2, 2009

Resolution No. 2, and that lovely calendar goes to...

This year I decided that I would try to address one bad habit each month, rather than make a set of New Year's resolutions that I instantly flout. January's resolution was to stop eating leftovers off the kids' plates. That's been fairly successful, in that I do it a lot less than I used to. I only make exceptions when the leftovers are particularly delicious and I am really hungry.

February's resolution is to make my coffee breaks a little healthier. First, I drink too much coffee. Second, I don't drink enough water. To remedy both problems at once, I am going to make every second coffee break a water break instead. I reserve the right to have something delicious and fattening with my coffee if I feel like it. I don't want to go overboard, after all.

This was me having a coffee break in Paris six years ago. Ooh la la. C'est bon. Je veux et j'exige du jasmin and des jonquilles!

And this NZ wildlife calendar goes to...(random number generator in action)....All This Trouble. I'll email you for your postal address, Ms Trouble, and will get it in post to you.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Hurray Ms. Trouble! And I love that you called her Ms. Trouble. I've never seen your face quite so clearly. How adorable you are! AND, Good job on the water drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea for breaking bad habits each month. I need to cut back on coffee too, and that's a super idea for getting my water intake up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well Miss Smith you are making very imaginative use of your scanner, i must say.

    As you know, my desire for this year is to improve my camera work, both in terms of composition and styling.

    Looking forward to seeing your camera work again too, in your own good Nelson time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this month's resolution goes well for you. It was hard for me to break that multiple cup o' joe habit, especially since it was one of my basic food groups in college.

    I've broken the habit now and replaced it with tea. I still must have that mug of coffee in the morning, strong enough to peel my eyelids open. Once in a while, I buy myself a latte in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about dragging my feet here in the comment section. I guess it is a little like being late for your own party. Thank you so much for the calendar! I can't wait to receive it!

    I think you have an Audrey Tautou quality about your face. And you know, Audrey Tautou is awfully pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh cute photograph! I have limited myself to one good cup of coffee a day.....gone back to drinking green tea - it's very refreshing........mmmmmmmmm coffee................

    ReplyDelete