Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thirty-six (clicketty click)

Well I was far too busy to post anything yesterday because it was my birthday. I am now all freshly turned 36. That number sounds quite grown up, but I laughed heartily at a really childish, puerile, silly joke this morning, so I've managed to avoid maturity for another year. Whew! And look at all the beeeautiful cards I got! I got lovely presents, too.


In our house, birthdays are marked by breakfast in bed (a bacon sandwich and a cup of coffee), the children ripping into any presents that are within sight, and a special dinner that everyone likes (spaghetti and meatballs, and chocolate cake with hundreds and thousands on it). What do you do on Your birthday?
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Mine is on the 16th. I dread it. Then on the day I pretend it's not happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a fabbo day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday for yesterday. Well, I got your present today, the part you know about. The part you don't know about was ordered on-line, but hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully will be able to deliver all in person on Monday!

    ps - we're staying till Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Happy birthday to you Miss Smith. And may you have many more. Of course you are not yet grown up. You are always gonna be 10 years younger than me. That makes you officially always a non grown up. A cheque from Dad wings it's way to you as I type. More things to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I turned 36 in December - scary really, cos now I really feel old, and yet at 35 I was still feeling young...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Miss Smith! what do I do on my birthday, you ask? After husband and kids serve me breakfast and coffee, they leave me alone for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!!

    Better late than never, I always say!

    ReplyDelete