Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Stupidly simple Christmas presents

My Mum, who is ridiculously practical, told me that she doesn't want any "stuff" for Christmas. I think this is because she's shifted house 3 times in the last 6 months, and she is really sick of shifting things.

Instead, she suggested that I clean her oven for her, because it wasn't done when she moved into her new place, and frankly, it's kind of disgusting. Even though this is a necessary task and a noble one because everyone hates cleaning ovens, it didn't seem like the most glamorous present. I decided that to make it present-worthy I would have to raid my stash of retro magazines and make a glitzy card that felt allllllll Christmassy.

Merry clean oven to you, and compliments of the season!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. I love the oven card. What a lucky mom she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really good idea. TMB would appreciate a similar kind of voucher. Maybe, "I'll try and stack the dishwasher correctly," or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT'S a Christmas gift. But even better than the gift is the card. The card is tops!


    WV: regrot
    What I had after eating escargot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely, and I am thinking of you and your family and your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee - love it! Have fun cleaning the oven - I hope you will be wearing tinsel to capture that Christmas feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's awesome.
    happy christmas!

    ReplyDelete