Thursday, December 18, 2008

Meet My Christmas Tree


I just love handmade christmas decorations, and this year our tree is almost exclusively adorned with hand-made items. That's largely thanks to Louise, who organised a deco swap. Thanks Ms Mixture! The pohutakawa decoration was made by Louise, the knitted bauble by Nikki, the Owlament by Dione (who sent me two, actually, and a sweet wee knitted stocking, and some vintage buttons), The Stripy-Socked Angel by Helen, and the blue and green vintage sheet tribute was made by Jessicah (she also sent some fun extras like chocolate - all gone- and vintage buttons). The robots, the tiki, and the piglet were made by me, and the christmas tree frames were made by Harry and Sylvie. Sigh...sweet.

By the way, is anyone out there up for taking part in a purple charm quilt chain letter? You send two 6-inch squares to 5 people, and then a few weeks later, all going well, you get 72 in the mail. If that sounds like something you'd be into please email me your postal address to misssmithathome@gmail.com. I'm a crafty sort as you know, but oddly enough I don't know many quilters. Go figure.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Funnily enough, here on the other side of the world I did a post today that was a little tour of favorite ornaments...a meet my tree sort of post! Great minds can think alike even if both are creative and crafty and bloggers and friends in the virtual world!

    Love the deco swap idea. Can you email me your address?

    XO
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tree, have a great Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your tree is divine, of course! I would expect no less!

    ReplyDelete