Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A last minute gift

Sheesh! Christmas is just around the corner! Last minute gifts are the order of the day. This one, vanilla sugar, is a piece of cake, so to speak. You need two vanilla pods and 2 c sugar. Whizz em up in your food processor and there you have it. Vanilla sugar is great in baking and in cream or mascapone and homemade icecream or on strawberries or for baked stone fruit...in any number of sweety delicious christmassy things come to think of it.

And did you know that I am quite nerdy? Yes, I am. This photo proves it because nothing makes me happier than a nice basket of fresh new pegs. Can you think of anything nerdier than that? Ha! I didn't think so.

Tomorrow I have a great picture to show you all. Until then, Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm... Sugar and new pegs-both fabulous things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Nothing makes you happier, nothing at all? What about raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I love vanilla sugar. It's one of those lovely luxuries I like to sneak into baking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Miss Smith

    My nerdy thing is new coloured pencils and any type of stationery, pens, paper etc. I get more of a kick at the start of school year than my kids do. I love covering their books in contact etc.
    Just stumbled on your blog so will read over it and visit now and then.
    Merry Christmas!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete