Sunday, December 14, 2008

The kindness of oranges

Wow, thanks for all your kind comments, txts, emails and phonecalls everyone, it's been great. Strangely enough there have been many hilarious moments while we've all been here in Dunedin. I can tell you all that a dying person becomes very UNINHIBITED and that generates a lot of laughs, especially if you are the type that's easily amused.

Speaking of kindness, look at this great ad from the June 1963 New Zealand Home Journal. Slim Anna says Oranges are so kind to figures. See Slim Anna's roguish husband squeezing a couple of orange segments. Saucy devil.


And now here's some haberdashery, just to keep you on your toes. If you need zippers and you live in Dunedin then you can't go past the junk shop on St Andrew St.


Perhaps it's because I'm in a bit of a heightened emotional state at the moment, but I can't believe I never noticed just how grand and beautiful the buildings are in Dunedin. How come I never noticed the old BNZ building when I lived here? I'm sure I don't know.


Would you like to see something christmassy that's as funny it is disturbing? Just click here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Miss Smith, got home safe and sound. Hope you had a lovely sleep in. Within half an hour of looking after Benjy I felt exhausted. I had forgotton, in 2 days, how tiring a toddler can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a time you have been through, but your sense of humor is alive and well...That counts for a lot. LOVED the saucy orange picture!!!

    Thinking of you.
    Iris

    ReplyDelete