Monday, December 1, 2008

Busy in the kitchen

It's school fair season, which means I spent the weekend baking stuff to donate. First, this ridiculously easy fudge (I substituted 2 c toasted coconut for the macadamias and left out the coffee and the liqueur). No risk of burning or not-setting this one. You just melt it down and that's it.

I kept a tiny wee bit for us which I cut into little itty bitty squares and put in this crystal glass so that it would look *special*.


I made jam, too. I put twee little covers on, because sometimes I like being twee.

If you're the thrifty type, you might like to know that the jam worked out at $0.97 per jar, and the fudge worked out at $5.80 for the whole batch. I'm just telling you in case you like the idea of making a little home-made christmassy something for people who don't like craft. Cos some people just don't get craft, you know?
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. twee: affectedly or excessively dainty, delicate, cute, or quaint.

    I learn something new everyday! those jams look yummy! I tried to make watermelon preserves one year and the kitchen was a sticky disaster zone for days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still getting over the fact that it is tomorrow in New Zealand and it is still today for me here in Maine.

    What kind of jam? I'm still afraid of jam-making, but the fudge looks delish and sounds easy. LOVE the twee-ness of the jam covers (and can we say twee-ness?)!

    I am sad that Mr. Decorative Robot isn't coming my way...may have to check your shop in the meantime!

    XO
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twee has to be the best word ever and I'm not surprised that you said it. It's like you have your own special dictionary called: The Most Charming Words and Phrases Ever Dictionary.

    I adore the jam covers. I bet you would have a nice bed and breakfast and you would always be booked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stirling effort Miss Smith.. I hope they were duely grateful in the end..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like Jo Seagar's recipes, they are so easy. As she says minimum effort, maximum effect. That fudge looks like a weekend project
    take care
    Pip

    ReplyDelete