Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Playing book tag


How exciting, Claire from Ethel loves Fred tagged me yesterday to play book tag. This is how it works:

Go to the closest book to you, not necessarily the book you have just read, or your favourite, but the closest. Turn to page 56 and copy out the 5th line, followed by the next 2 to 5 lines.

Book closest to me: The curious incident of the dog in the night-time, by Mark Haddon. Line 5 onwards:

"But this is stupid because everyone has learning difficulties because learning to speak French or understanding Relativity is difficult, and also everyone has special needs, like Father who has to carry a little packed of artifical sweetening tablets around with him to put in his coffee to stop him getting fat, or Mrs Peters who wears a beige-coloured hearing aid, or Siobhan who has glasses so thick that they give you a headache if you borrow them, and none of these people are Special Needs, even if they have special needs."
And now I will tag some blogfriends to see what's in their book collections!
Jannelle from Heartfelt

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I love this tag game, thank-you for thinking of me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to sit down, probably Thursday and play along!
    Loved Curious Incident!

    XO
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that book! My 10 year old daughter has Aspergers Syndrome and thinks in a very similar way to the boy in the book... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a very good sport, Miss Smith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this book, but it sounds like a good read, must remember this for my Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete