Sunday, October 19, 2008

Table linen to bedroom project- complete!

I have to admit, the tablecloths-into-pillowcases project is one of the sillier craft projects I've dreamed up in a while, but I am so so happy with how it turned out. I love the feel and the look of old tablecloths, the special pieces of embroidery, the frayed edges that make me think they were someone's favourite. For this project, I cut the pieces of embroidery out and sewed them onto some soft blue cotton for the front of each pillowcase. The back is another table cloth with a blue check design. Both of these tablecloths were from the Ranfurly Catholic Women's League junk shop, so they will forever remind me of our holiday there. I love how they match, but kind of don't match, with different parts of the tablecloths on each one.

Hope you're having a great weekend! Love from Miss Smith
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a find -- that beautiful embroidery not stained at all! I need a back further photo so I can get a full view of these linens. I too am in love with old tablecloths, cloth napkins, and handkerchiefs -- actually if you have a desire for any vintage handkerchiefs I have some really lovely ones that still have tags on and have never been used. My great aunt had them tucked away in a drawer and we found them while clearing out her house, and they were too pretty to throw away. So email me if you'd like me to send them to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look lovely Miss Smith - great re-craftin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, cool, crisp and comforting. Makes me almost fall asleep just looking at them. I just turned a linen handkerchief into a "cloud" rattle for Frankie.

    ReplyDelete