Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Restraint at the recycling centre

Today we are going to touch on something hitherto unmentioned on my blog: Restraint while junk shopping. Yes, I DO sometimes exercise restraint (but don't double-check my story with Simon because he's unlikely to back me up here).

Actually, I have two stories of restraint. First, week-before-last I had a spare hour to kill before picking up Sylvie. As is my usual custom, I dithered between sewing or going junk shopping. But then, out of the blue, it occurred to me that I could sort out some stuff to TAKE to the junk shop, and without further ado I filled 7 supermarket bags full of old clothes and toys. Then I threw several manky sheets in the bin, just for good measure!
My second story of restraint concerns my FAB day on Saturday. I saw lots and lots of great stuff, but this little collection below is just about everything I bought. Some little golden books, a great retro tray, a cookbook, and a red plastic retro lamp. I LOVE this lamp, and I have another one EXACTLY the same at home already, so now we are matchy matchy lovey-dovey good-feng-shui in our bedside lamp status.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Hey nice score with the tray.. very stylely. If only we had such joy in our local op shops. I have op shop envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing way to much junk shopping lately -- I refer to it as treasure hunting. I've probably spent $50 all week and have new outfits and crafts and Christmas cards and toys and books and winter boots for my baby. I'm unstoppable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete