Thursday, October 2, 2008

Get smocked

Recently I found myself strangely interested in smocking. I think it was after seeing a great tote bag with just a wee bit of smocking on the front. Even as smocking was playing on my mind, I found a book about it at the Founders Book Fair.

Now I'm not 100% sure, but I think "smock" might be a swear word in a parallel universe. It certainly has a cuss-word ring to it. Shall we try it out, just to make sure?

"Go smock yourself, mother-smocker! Smock off! Get smocked! If I hear that one more smockin' time, I think I'll explode! Smock it!"

Yep. It's definitely a swear word somewhere. Here's a photo of some old smocker.



Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud. Several times. I'm telling my friends about this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smock on! This was awesome, and also in keeping with my goal of learning a bunch of near-swears so maybe I can cut back on the sailor language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too laughed a lot at this one. And hey hope sylvie loved her big day turning 3. Maryanna - feel free to keep the scarf. I have enjoyed wearing it however I am more than happy to share the wearing pleasure with you. I hadnt even noticed I'd left it behind. ( mind you it is rather hot here)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's smockin great. You're a clever little smocker aren't you?

    Smockballs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha. I love that! I'm going to have to add this to my everyday vocab.

    For smock's sake!

    What the smock?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the old photo of old gentleman dressed in his smock. My grandfather was born in Somerset, UK. His father and for generations back were shepherds, and they always wore smocked over shirts, that were long, like a tunic which reached down to their knee high socks, and leather boots. So was great to see the photo.

    ReplyDelete