Sunday, September 7, 2008

It's father's day

When we first had Harry, we made a decision that we would "do" father's day and mother's day, even though we hadn't really done it ourselves when we were children. Both Simon's parents and mine had viewed father's day and mother's day as a cynical scheme by card manufacturers to get people to spend more money. That might be true, but it seemed like it would be a fun thing to do anyway. We decided that we wouldn't do gifts, but instead would have a bonus sleep in, a homemade card, and a cooked breakfast (complete with a menu, which also had to be homemade).



Harry and Sylvie worked at making a card together, which was very cute. I made one too.



And we made a menu with a 1970's buffet favourite- devils on horseback- as one of the options. I was a little dissappointed that Simon didn't go for that one.

And Harry wrote a song, which he sung to Simon when he woke up from his bonus sleep in. It went like this:

"Happy happy happy happy father's day,
with food for you, for you,
and food for you, for you.
Happy happy happy happy father's day
to Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"

I hope you had a nice father's day, whatever you might think of those sneaky card manufacturers' motives.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. hey Smith its wonderful
    http://anilsworldat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always tell myself I'm not going to comment on ALL of your posts, because I may seem over-exuberant again, but then I can't resist. I love the menu! May have to steal this idea for father's day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely tradition. I love the menu idea!

    ReplyDelete