Friday, August 29, 2008

The unthinkable.


Blogfriends, the unthinkable has happened. I am sick of craft. Yep, sick of it. This little fit of pique is because it seemed like everything I sewed yesterday ended up being a disaster. Do you have sewing days like that? Please reassure me. It's not that I was having a bad day in every respect, it was actually a really good day. The sun shone, the kids were in great moods, I had a fun night out at playcentre sewing dolls clothes (yes, these were the offending items that insisted on being a disaster, no matter what I did). But all the disastrous sewing has left me looking resentfully at my sewing machine, blaming it for being bad.

Let's talk about something else. This weekend we are going to Kaiteriteri. It's only a little over an hour's drive away, and there are beautiful beaches and lots of baches to rent. It feels so holidayish there. We have taken lots of holidays this past year, at least one adventure a month, and it's been fantastic. The children quite frequently ask "when's our next sleepover somewhere fun?". Well kids, it's tonight, and it's gonna be a cracker because we're going away with two friends whose company we all love.

This is kaiteriteri. It sho is perty.
See y'all on Monday. Have a great weekend!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I can assure you that every sewing experience I've ever had ends this way. I'm afraid it is not "deletable" enough for me and I throw tantrums nearly every time. I still sew occasionally, but I always do it terribly.

    Oh have a good trip! That should soothe even the worst sewing disaster.

    My robot came! See my blog for how, heh, you know, overly-excited I got about it. Thank-you, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog , nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have disappointing craft moments.. just you enjoy your break, you'll get your craft mojo back soon.

    ReplyDelete