Monday, July 7, 2008

I never get sick of robots.


Hellooooo out there! It's amazing how well rested and relaxed I feel after two nights with two good friends over in sunny Mapua. We stayed in this bach (or crib, for you lower South Island readers), which was very cozy and comfy and was the perfect setting for making robots. I made these two little flat robots, the first two of six that will eventually be used on a lampshade. I may still put some more dials and lights on them, I'll see how I go. Other than making robots, all I did was read magazines, go out for lunch, and throw money down the toilet, laughing as I did so. Oh my goodness it was so fun. I can't wait to do it all again.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. The purple one with wheels is seriously cool. I got back to wellington on Friday and spent the rest of the weekend recovering from my holiday by staying in bed all day and working on my crocheted doll. just an arm and head to go! I think mum got her sewing machine out too so the crafting bug must be catching on. Your blog really is inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I love the 'bots! Can't wait to see them made into a lampshade. Where did you get the gorgeous background fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  3. on second thoughts - is it possible that I recognise that fabric - could it be a liberty print silk scarf that I once purchased at a second hand shop? if so, how satsifying - I love the way it matches your robot's little round twinkly eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually that fabric was $7/m on the sale table at spotlight. It's cute hey?

    ReplyDelete