Monday, July 28, 2008

Back to sewing

There's been a lot of diversions from sewing lately, what with 5-year-old's parties and cakes and so on. It was so nice to leave the children to their new toys yesterday and get back to some sewing. I made a tote bag from the herringbone fabric I got at the recycling centre. If you think it looks quite subtle and mannish then that's a good thing, because it's for my Dad. He is a spritely 78-year-old, who is soon to be 79, so I made this for his birthday. It will be just right for library books, and "a few wee things from the supermarket" (this is a catchphrase of his that is stuck in my mind, and I find myself using all the time). He will be delighted to know that everything in this bag is a repurposed material. All my junk shopping tendencies have been inherited from him, he can out-junk-shop me any day. Happy birthday to you, Dad! Love from Miss Smith
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Nice bag. Yes, I too have been away from the old sewing machine for far too long and are itching to put my foot to the pedal! But I need a spare moment, the energy and to be sober. Ha ha ha. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bag looks great, I think I inherit my junk shop haunting from my dad too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandad will love it! I'm such a bag person and that ones fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bag Miss Smith, perfectly blokey I'm sure your dad will love it, what a busy birthday time it is for you!

    ReplyDelete