Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Scenes from my kitchen

Scene number 1. I call it "Blackberry jam". Did I make it myself I hear you ask? Of course I did, I take my young fogey status very seriously you know. When I'm not sewin' or knittin' or crochetin' I'm bakin' and cookin' and preservin'. Here's my recipe: 500 g blackberrries, 2 c sugar, juice of 1 lemon. Cook up the blackberries till they're juicy, use a masher if you like. Add the sugar and lemon juice and bring quickly to the boil. Boil rapidly for 5-8 minutes, checking the set from 5 minutes onwards. Remove from the heat, stir every few minutes for the next 10 minutes while it cools a little (this makes the seeds evenly distributed). Pour into hot jars and seal. Makes 2 x 500 g jars.

Scene number 2. My new measuring cups. Oooooh they're so cute I just wanna measure everything.


Scene number 3. This is how a 2-year-old eats an apple. In't it cute?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. 1.Hey where did you get those super cute measuring cups?
    2. Is that a tomato salsa jar you've used and if so how did you get rid of the tomato smell so as to not spoil the jam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the measuring cups - yes, where did you get them because if Jenny has them then Katie has to have them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cuteness wears off after awhile when you try to find an apple for yourself that doesn't have two bites out of it!

    The measuring cups are very cool!

    ReplyDelete