Sunday, June 15, 2008

Experimenting with robots



Many of you are familiar, maybe even over-familiar, with my standard robots (as illustrated above). However, I have branched out a little and last night made a robot ball for a little boy called Flynn who loves to throw things inside. Fabric balls like this are all over blog-land, here is a recent tutorial for how to make them. If they're a little wonky and don't roll straight it doesn't even matter because it just means it's been handmade with lurve. Anyway, half of the people in this country seem to be obsessed with balls that don't roll straight.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I would be lost without our soft knitted ball, it is well used indoors! I was browsing thru flickr last night and came across this image, thought of you immediately!

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizettegreco/323601051/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! The present has arrived, although we haven't opened it yet. Ros believes that it's important Flynn learns the concept of deferred reinforcement at the ripe old age of (almost) 1. Me, I wanted to open it straight away, but I guess we're just different like that.

    I know he's going to have fun with it; right now he's crawling through the kitchen carrying grocery items from the pantry in his mouth, so that he can post them out the cat door. I'd better go and retrieve the baking soda or I won't be able to make the great big cake!

    ReplyDelete