Sunday, April 13, 2008

Chocolate chippie biscuits

My project for today: Chocolate chippie biscuits.
They are my contribution to the "cakes and biscuits" stall at a fundraiser fair today.
They are from "School lunches and after school snacks" (Alison & Simon Holst), with a couple of my own additions.

Here goes: Chocolate chippie biscuits
75 g butter
1/2 c (packed) brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar 1 large egg
1/2 t vanilla essence
a pinch of salt
1/2 c chocolate chips
1/2 t baking soda
1 c plain flour

Melt butter, add sugar. Cool a little then add egg and mix with a fork. Add remaining ingredients and mix together. Put in teaspoonful lots on a baking tray. I make 20 small ones per tray, because they're very sweet and rich. Bake at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes until golden brown. Cool and store in an air tight tin. Makes about 30 per batch at the size I make them.

Here's some other useful information: You don't need to press with a fork on the tray because they collapse into perfect round biscuits while they cook. More chocolate chips make them even more delicious.
For a more "grown-up" version, you can add 1 T finely ground coffee beans and some chopped walnuts, to give coffee, chocolate, and walnut biscuits. They are also extremely delicious.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. i do love chocolate chippie biscuits and the adult ones sound delicious. I might make some for when ken and mary call by next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey that anonymous comment was me - I just couldnt get the other comment thing to work but think I've cracked it now. Im so impressed at how you can manage to turn a scrap of tablecloth or motley table napkin into something amazing. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I come from very resourceful and thrifty family you know...

    ReplyDelete